Sunday 24 February 2013

Top Tips For Getting Your Eyebrows Waxed!

Hello everyone!

About a month ago I got my eyebrows waxed for the first time so I thought I would share some of my tips and suggestions with you for when you get your eyebrows waxed.

1. First time? Go with a friend!
If it's the first time you're getting them done then you might want to take along a friend. If they've had it done before they can reassure you about what's going to happen and if they haven't then you can get it done together!

2. Don't wear makeup.
I wouldn't suggest wearing any makeup particularly on your eyes and eyebrows. Just so the person doing the waxing can see all the strays that may be lurking beneath you makeup (that sounds so gross!) Also when the hair gets ripped off it's going to leave you with some open pores for a little while so you don't want your makeup sinking in there and giving you spots around your perfect new brows!

3. Don't make plans for that day!
(I can not stress this strongly enough!)
Go to get them done on a day that you don't have anything else planned for because honestly it's a tad embarrassing walking around with red eyebrows!

4. Take something to cover your eyebrows.
This isn't a desperate one but if you have to walk or take public transport back to your house then I would recommend taking a hat, head scarf, big sunglasses etc. to cover up your eyebrows just because they are going to be really red and from experience I can tell you, you will get a few weird stares!

5. Make it as easy as possible.
Whoever is doing your eyebrows whether it be a female or male will be fully trained in what they do but if you're worried about it try not to make a big fuss because even if they are very nice (which I'm sure they will be) they may have already had a hard day and you making a fuss isn't going to earn their sympathy, it may just earn you a slap around the face! haha

6. Don't scrunch up your eyes!
Fair enough if you flinch a little when the strip is pulled off but when the strip or wax is on your eyebrows don't scrunch up your eyes because a. it may mean not all of the hairs come off properly b. it will probably just hurt more! and c. you're just wasting the persons time.

7. Don't worry!
I know I've just made the whole thing seem like a bit of an ordeal but if you just get in there, get it done and get out (after you've paid of course!) then there won't be any problems and if you've had your eyebrows threaded before I can assure you it hurts no more than that :)

Okay, so I hope I've helped some of you and if not then...sorry about that!

But if anyone is wondering whether to get their eyebrows threaded or waxed I would definitely recommend having them waxed it's quicker, it lasts longer and it really doesn't hurt as much!

-Belle xxx

2 comments:

  1. Can you do some more blog posts please, Not done some in ages xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I've been naughty haha, will be posting a new one very soon :)

      Delete