Friday 22 February 2013

RIP Drake xxx

Hello everyone.
Today's post is quite emotional for me to write because it is going to be a post about my rabbit Drake who passed away on 26th December 2012

To be honest with you I don't even remember what year it was when I got him, I guess I was too excited to take a mental note of the date.
I had really wanted a rabbit for ages and when my parents finally agreed I was so happy.
We looked around in different pet shops and finally I decided on an all black rabbit in the adoption section of Pets At Home.

He had had a previous owner and I believe was previously called Barry but I decided that wasn't the name I wanted to keep so I named him Drake (a name my family did not agree on!)
Because he already had a few owners before, when I got him he was no longer a bunny but he was as cute a any bunny would have been.

Even though he could be a bit of a monster when we let him run around the garden and then he would refuse to get back into his hut for a good 30 minutes! I love him so much and my life without him is surprisingly different.

I don't have many pictures of him, but I do have these to of him playing in the snow one year.



I don't really want to go into details into how he died, partially because we are not 100% and partially because it is too hard to relive it.
But basically it was obvious there was something wrong with him in the morning, we left because we were going to my grandparents for the day, and when we came back he had passed away.

I don't know whether I'll be getting any new pets of my own for a while but having Drake was one of the best experiences of my life so far.

R.I.P Drake,
Love you forever xxx

2 comments:

  1. Hi I have just come across this and want to say I'm really sorry for your loss-losing a pet is just the same as losing a loved one and I would feel the same about my dog hugs sweetie xxx

    Tanesha
    www.tanesha-marie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete